Thursday, March 25, 2010

Love Hate Relationship

Just over a year ago, Mike found an ad on Craig's List for a puppy for 50 bucks.  He showed me a picture and of course I feel in love.  I mean, who wouldn't love an adorable little puppy who looks all innocence.  Well, over the past year, Aly and I have a love/hate relationship.  I loved her as a puppy even let her come in the house, but hated the puppy teeth and all the chewing....I mean destroying of anything and everything she could get her teeth on.  I loved the fact she loved the table scraps, but hate the fact that I need to repaint the front door and replace of the trim around the door.  

The only person that really loves her is Mike.  The boys hate the fact that she is always jumping on them and knocking them on the ground. We have had many tears spilled over Aly. She has chewing every one of the boys' bike seats, and pulls the inserts out of their roller skates...and yes chewed them to pieces. There is much more that she has detroys  It was getting so bad that the younger three boys wouldn't even go outside unless she was locked up in the barn.  Again more love/hate.  

I LOVE the fact that she stays away from me.  She doesn't jump on me.  She doesn't lick me.  She just plain stays away from me, and that was perfectly fine with me.  But I do HATE the fact that she LOVES to bring me dead animals to my front door.

2 days ago, my heart was softened, Aly who is really still a puppy herself gave "breath" to 7 tiny little puppies.  ("breath" is birth to Lucas)  Yes I now have more puppies/dogs than my animal loving SIL.  She still has more animals(2 donkeys, 2 horses, 3 dogs and another foster dog, and a guinea pig), but I getting close.  Now that my heart is soft, she gets way more table food, buckets of milk(from the farm), I actually am checking the puppies several times a day and petting her lots more than I used to.



Once the puppies open their eyes and start moving around I will post pictures of pups....lots of pictures.  For now Aly is very protective of the pups and the boys are told they can't go near her.  She had them inside her dog house and it's kinda hard to see them, and even harder to get some pictures.  


I have a feeling that Spring Break is going to be tons of fun with 7 puppies and 4 boys.

2 comments:

  1. oh my! unless you like the thought of having more little Alys you better get that dog fixed after this litter! in the meantime, have fun with those pups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! i can't wait to see pictures. we're definately going to have to stop over for a visit on Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete