Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Photo Opportunity #1: Backyard Water Fun


During one of my many nights of browsing blogs I came across a list of 100 ways to spend your summer with your kiddos and camera, and if you know me want all, my camera is usually attached to my hip.  There were a few things on there that I have already done - plant a garden & eating Popsicles.  Today's summer photo op is all about the fun you can have in the backyard with an inflatable pool and slip n slide.

The week before school got out I headed to the store to get a small inflatable pool for the boys...

something that's not too big that it would kill the grass, big enough for all four kiddos yet still small enough that I didn't have to worry about chemicals, but instead could drain the water out and start fresh every so often.

The boys had tons of fun in the freezing cold water from the hose. 
What's more fun that drinking from the end of the hose.






As the day went on, the water got increasingly dirty...no longer a crystal clear pool, but the boys were still having a ball.




The next morning the pool was slowly deflating, and was no longer holding water.  Here's what it looks like today.  Yes I know it's gross, but only puppies(which are gone now) played in it the last week or so.  I personally think it's their fault the pool got the hole in it.




Fast forward to this week, I decided that a slip n slide would be a better option. Something that couldn't get popped.  Something that the boys would need to put away every night.  Something that if you added a little soap to, the boys could have fun and their shower at the same time. JK!!!

 











They've been asking to get the slip n slide what already this morning since about 7:00, but I thought it would be a little bit cool that early in the morning.

So far the slip n slide has last longer than the pool...hopefully it's last the rest of the summer.

4 comments: