Monday, January 19, 2009

Planning Ahead


If your household is anything like mine. This question gets asked alot; along with "Is it Lunch time yet?"


I have never been a good planner when it comes to dinners and lunches. Usually about once a month I head to the dreaded grocery store and fill my cart to the point of overflowing. Then I head home, try and get everything into my cabinets and then go from there for the next 3 to 5 weeks. (I do head back to the store every so often for milk and bread.)

For the first couple weeks we have stuff in the house to eat, but it's still not planned out very well. I am always asking the boys "What do you want for supper?" and then go from there. Towards the end of the period of time between the grocery store visits, there's not much in the house, and we became creative or just call out for pizza, and I know that's not good to do all the time.

So I was wondering if there was anyone out there that would be interest in getting together, have some fun, and prepare a bunch of meals that we can put in the freezer for those days you just feel like you need to cook, but don't want to.

I was thinking we would each come up with one main dish recipe and get all the ingredients for that recipe for all the persons that want to do this. and then we could assemble /prepare the dish when we are all together. I am willing to have the group here to prepare the dishes. I hope that makes sense. I think it would be a win/win situation for everyone - spend a couple hours together with friends (and a pot of coffee) and then go home with a bunch of meals you can just pull out of the freezer and heat up when you need them.

Is anyone interested???

4 comments:

  1. I am in - My mom has books on freezer meals with tons of ideas

    Let me know if and when you want to

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom and I do this every so often. It's nice to have those quick and easy things to grab for when you just don't feel like cooking (which happens a lot around here!!) I also have a freezer friendly cookbook that you are more than welcome to borrow to get some recipes from. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete