Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Airing our Dirty Laundry

Yesterday was laundry day...not my favorite thing to do, but it has to get done.

and here are the stats for yesterday work load - 10 loads which can be broken down as follows:

25 pairs of shorts
26 pairs of pants (jeans, church pants, etc.)
15 long sleeve shirts (this doesn't include the ones that went into the ironing pile)
30 short sleeve shirts
5 Sweatshirts
20 sets of Pj's
19 boxers
2 Winter coats
2 stocking hats
5 sets of socks. (haven't gotten to the white load yet, that will add about 40 more pairs.)

and that's just for the boys, and I went into Brendan's room late last night and saw that his floor was still covered with clothes (he suppose to clean up his room and bring the dirty clothes down to the laundry room.) So basically you are looking at a list of clothes for 3 kids...WOW!!!

and it's going to start all over in a few days. Why oh why do my kids have to wear so many clothes? and now I have a pile of ironing calling my name - wonder if I will get to it today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I thought doing laundry for a family of four seemed like a lot! At least with summer coming you'll have less socks, jeans, and long sleeve shirts to wash. Summer always means less clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I hear ya! I'm also glad summer is coming...more time in bathing suits, fewer shirts requiring the iron, and smaller clothes in general! :)

    ReplyDelete