Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

So we're not big into the Halloween thing and the Van Dam house, but we do head out to the church event and to the grandparents' houses.  Already last year I saw some really adorable costumes in the PBK catolog and wanted to have them for my boys.  Well, I tried to find the costumes on ebay this year, the prices were way toooo expense for my taste, so I headed to the local JoAnn's  for some felt fabric, which just happened to be on sale.  I really had no clue as to how much to get, because I had no patterns for the costumes.  I must say I'm pretty proud of myself, and pretty much got the right amount of fabric in only two trips to the store.

So without further ado here's the pictures of our handmade costumes.










Oh, I pretty geek-ed we won the BEST DRESSED FAMILY at the church event.  I guess that means I can slack off next year and I won't have to talk the boys into the costumes they will be wearing. :)


I'm linked up to
UndertheTableandDreaming

2 comments:

  1. Cara you have done an incredible job on these! Simply amazing. They look better than anything in any catalog. Brilliant! I'll be featuring this tomorrow - Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! You have seriously outdone yourself!! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow those are great costumes!!!! Way to go girl! Love them!

    ReplyDelete