Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1 year later...

Today marked one year since I started weight watchers.  I haven't talked much about this...maybe not at all.  Now I'm going to get an little vulnerable for a few minutes.  This whole lifestyle thing started the summer of 2010 and we were camping.  Mike had gone home for the night and I settled into my "bedroom" to read before falling asleep.  I was horrified when I looked into the mirror on the closet doors and I looked like a beached whale lying there.  I got sick to my stomach...I always knew I was heavier but I really thought I was that fat.

It took me about 6 months before I actually got serious about losing.  I finally walked into a weight watchers center on Jan 12 2011.  I was scared...scared to see how high my weight had gotten.  It was bad.  After that first meeting, my thoughts were if I could use 35lbs or even 50lbs I would be happy.  I always had in my head that I was always going to be heavy.  I would never to skinny...I would always be plus size.  

Slowly but steadily the weight came off.  I stopped drinking soft drinks altogether and started getting on the treadmill a couple times a week...even though it wasn't very long.  Before I knew it those first 25lb, then 50lbs came off...I was so excited.

Today, one year later I am 90+lbs lighter and feel wonderful.  Am I done?  No, not yet.  I have some more to loss and hope to get to my goal weight by this time next year.  



Here are a few pictures from the past year.  I never liked pictures taken of me and really still don't so there aren't many pictures.

Before Picture: My dad and I at Barothy Lodge
Before Picture: Christmas 2010
Before Picture: at Barothy Lodge December 2010



March 2011: Mike and I at a Red Wings Game
25 pounds lost
May 2011:  I was in my dad's plane for the first time
50 pounds lost

on a field trip in May 2011


June 2011
60 pounds lost


Nov 2011  Celebrated 80 pounds off by having my ear pierced

Dec 2011: Griffin's game with my family
90 pounds lost

New Year's Eve with my best gals.   Thank you all for being there throughout this past year.



Today this is what i look like...

with my jeans from when I started my journey


13 comments:

  1. love you. This is a great post celebrating your accomplishments!! Thank you for sharing your heart, and this road, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is remarkable! You look fantastic (although I always think you have looked pretty). I am so proud of you! Love you, friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara, I'm so proud of you! And what an inspiration you are. You look pretty amazing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cara I think you are one strong woman! Controlling a diet is no easy feat... and neither is running!!! You are an inspiration to many and you look so happy, healthy, and beautiful! What are you going to do when you hit 100lbs? Tattoo? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Like* Jamie's comment above :)
    Btw, I think us gals need to celebrate you with some kind of spa day or something? ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on all of your hard work, You look as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside and should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Cara you look GREAT!!! I dont read your blog that often so I was excited to read this. Congrats! That is a HUGE achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so awesome cara! you should be on one of their commercials:)

    -amanda m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cara, you are amazing....I'm in awe of your accomplishment! Thanks for being such an inspiration of what dedication and hard work can do.
    You are beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is simply amazing - I love the transformation -- and can't wait to see you be able to share your accomplishment of reaching goal and becoming a lifetime member. Hopefully this year will be my year to get back to goal weight too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!! You look so great!! I know exactly that road you were on...and sadly I am back on that road. I have decided once and for all this is it...I just can't wait any longer. Thanks for the needed inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Congratulations!! You look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete