Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1 year later...

Today marked one year since I started weight watchers.  I haven't talked much about this...maybe not at all.  Now I'm going to get an little vulnerable for a few minutes.  This whole lifestyle thing started the summer of 2010 and we were camping.  Mike had gone home for the night and I settled into my "bedroom" to read before falling asleep.  I was horrified when I looked into the mirror on the closet doors and I looked like a beached whale lying there.  I got sick to my stomach...I always knew I was heavier but I really thought I was that fat.

It took me about 6 months before I actually got serious about losing.  I finally walked into a weight watchers center on Jan 12 2011.  I was scared...scared to see how high my weight had gotten.  It was bad.  After that first meeting, my thoughts were if I could use 35lbs or even 50lbs I would be happy.  I always had in my head that I was always going to be heavy.  I would never to skinny...I would always be plus size.  

Slowly but steadily the weight came off.  I stopped drinking soft drinks altogether and started getting on the treadmill a couple times a week...even though it wasn't very long.  Before I knew it those first 25lb, then 50lbs came off...I was so excited.

Today, one year later I am 90+lbs lighter and feel wonderful.  Am I done?  No, not yet.  I have some more to loss and hope to get to my goal weight by this time next year.  



Here are a few pictures from the past year.  I never liked pictures taken of me and really still don't so there aren't many pictures.

Before Picture: My dad and I at Barothy Lodge
Before Picture: Christmas 2010
Before Picture: at Barothy Lodge December 2010



March 2011: Mike and I at a Red Wings Game
25 pounds lost
May 2011:  I was in my dad's plane for the first time
50 pounds lost

on a field trip in May 2011


June 2011
60 pounds lost


Nov 2011  Celebrated 80 pounds off by having my ear pierced

Dec 2011: Griffin's game with my family
90 pounds lost

New Year's Eve with my best gals.   Thank you all for being there throughout this past year.



Today this is what i look like...

with my jeans from when I started my journey