Thursday, February 7, 2013

New Beginnings


With the beginning of a new year, there are always resolutions made and forgotten about.  I can't actually say that I made any resolutions, but it's a time for begin fresh again. A time to pick up where I left off last summer and working towards new goals.  To be honest this past year, well 6 months hasn't been the best when it comes to diet and exercise for me. I kind of went through the motions but wasn't really mindful.  I stopped exercising altogether and gain back some of the weight I had lost.  I let some of my worst trigger foods creep back into my diet.  It sucks gaining weight back that you had worked so hard to get off.

3 days after the New Year, I was sitting on the couch watching TV, an afternoon program about resolutions - how fitting.  They were talking about a 3 day detox. As I was listening, I keep thinking to myself I can do this, it's only 3 days.  How hard can it be???  Right!!!  Detoxing your body is great once it's all done.  During those three days, I felt gross, I had no energy and I craved sugar....that's my trigger food.

I can proud stand here today and say I made it through.  I didn't cheat once.  and I losted my appetite for sugar and sweets.  Since then I have been much more aware of what I am eating.  Trying to eat more raw foods.  Cooking more from scratch foods for the food.  I got ridden of all the "fat free" and "sugar free" foods.  I am eating more veggies and proteins, and eating more of the good fats that our bodies need.  and it's working!!!  The scale is heading in the right direction again!!!

Also I started back on the ol' treadmill, and I just couldn't possible do that without buying some new sneakers. (wink,wink)  At first I was scared, because I was afraid of how much I had lost.  I was afraid I would have to start from the beginning again.  But that wasn't true, nor could I run 3-4 miles like I could last summer, but I working my way towards that again.  I am hoping to run a couple 5k's this spring/summer and the Fifth Third 10k.  I am excited for the new challenges and goals that I have set for myself.  I am hoping to do a better job at continuing to run through the heat of the upcoming summer...I'm a fair weather running - not too hot, not too cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment