Monday, February 25, 2013

Meet Bentley


Things in life aren't always fair.  We don't always understand why things happen the way they do.  But sometimes good things come from a unexpected circumstance.  That's how we ended up with Bentley.

It all happened on the same day as I took the boys bowling for the first time.  On our way home, Mike called and wanted to let me know that the boys should be outside because the was a downed power line in our yard.  While when we returned home there was a Consumer's Energy truck in our driveway.  I must say I was a little ticked because the only way to get around the truck was to drive on the yard.  and then the garage door went open, again I was ticked off, not remembering the fact the power was out.  That's when Brendan informed me there was a man walking up the driveway.  I told the boys to stay in the van and I stepped out to talk with the guy.  He informed me that the power was out and wouldn't be coming back on for a couple hours.  He wanted to make sure I kept the boys in the house.  Then as I was walking back to the van, he asked if by any chance we had a black dog.  That's when my heart sank.  It's not that I loved the dog but Mike did.  

I had to call Mike...not fun.  

It turns out that Aly (our black lab/husky) had been electrocuted by the power lines....so sad.

Let's fast forward to the end of that same week.  It now Friday night, we had taking the boys to Old Chicago Restaurant for supper, while waiting for dinner I was looking through the ads on Craigslist and find a litter of puppies. We called the number and within 15 minutes we were picking out a puppy. 

The boys love him, especially Austin. I hope he will be a good fit for our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment