Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School!

Okay so this morning was way too early for me. The alarm went off and I rolled over and asked Mike is it 6:00 or 6:15, hoping it was 6:00 so I could sleep another 15 minutes. But that wasn't the case, it was time to get up. Mike got Brendan up and gave him the breakfast of champions....fruit loops.

After getting Brendan dressed and his teeth burshed, we were off to the bus stop, which unfortunate for me is about 4 miles down the road. When we got there, no one else was around....'great, we missed the bus on the first day of school' was my thought but moments later we saw the bus and off he went. I still can't believe I was the one with the butterflys in my stomach and the tears in my eyes. Brendan didn't seem to be one bit scared or nervous.

So here I sitting and wondering how Brendan's day is going so far? Did he like the bus ride? What is he doing right now??? Does he like his teacher? How is his teacher doing....she's a newbie? I guess I will have to wait until the end of the day to find out all these answers.

I pray that God will bless Brendan in this school year, help him to learn what he needs to learn, have the ability to make new friends and continue to build friendship with his friends from last year, and I pray that he continues to love school as much as he did last year.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Brendan at the opening ceremony, he looked confident and cute as ever!!
    Hope his day went great!

    ReplyDelete