Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tomatoes here, Tomatoes there, We've got Tomatoes Everywhere

I think I plant too many tomato plants this year. I started off with 24 plants, but ended up with 22 plants...two got stepped on, can you imagine that with four little sets of feet running around.



Well, anyway the tomatoes are starting to come. And so far I am excited to be making salsa. But ask me again at the end of the week or better yet next week.



In case any one is interested, here's my salsa recipe
8c chopped tomatoes
3 med onions, chopped
8-10 jalepano peppers (keep all the seeds for hot, remove seeds for mild)
1/2 c. vinegar
1-12oz can of tomato paste
1 tbls garlic powder
1 tbls black peppr
1 tbls salt
Bring to boil and then simmer for 60 to 90 minutes. Pour into pint size jar and seal.
ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. At least your tomatoes survived...I don't know what went wrong with mine this year...so far I have had one loney red one!!

    ReplyDelete