Friday, August 7, 2009

Flashback Friday

Seeing my boys tubing this past Wednesday, had me thinking about the past. Grow up, my parents had a boat that we would enjoy using in the summer. We would take it out to Lake Mac and we would be a little bit of skiing, knee boarding and lots of tubing. And of course Dad would usually finish the trip out to the lake with one last big spray while he was skiing. I was always impressed with how my dad skied.
When I was in high school, we did a couple overnight trips with two other families, the Haverdinks and the Brinks. We would head up north and spend three or four days on the water. One of the years we went through the Chain of Lakes. I remember hanging out in the tubes while be pulling through the no wake zones. What a blast!!!! I was the only girls of the three families - 10 boys and 1 girl, I was so glad when my parents would let me take a friend along, not that wasn't able to handle all those boys on my own. :)
Here are a couple pictures of that trip.

My high school friend Kristi, my cousin Nate, and me.

(me, Kristi, Jeff, Shawn, Brian, Benji, Kyle and Phil.)
Most of the kids, if I can remember back that far, I believe two of my brothers and one other guy stayed home that summer.
Oh, the memories!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I heart Flashback Fridays!
    So glad that you have such fun memories to look back on, Your boys will too :)

    still waiting for those flashback photos of Mike as a kid ;-)

    ReplyDelete