How to freeze fresh green beans
Freezing is accomplished in a few very simple steps.
1) Choose the freshest green beans you can find.
2) Rinse your green beans in cool water. Drain.
3) Cut the ends of the beans off. Cut the beans to whatever length you prefer.
4) Put the green beans into rapidly boiling water, cover the pot and time them for 3 minutes. (You can re-use this water three to five times)
5) Use a large slotted spoon to remove the green beans from the boiling water and immediately plunge them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Keep them in the ice water for 3 minutes. Drain them.
6) If you have a FoodSaver a great time to use it is right now. If you don't, put the green beans into ziplock freezer bags. Make sure you get as much air out of the ziplock bag as possible to help prevent freezer burn.
7) Get ready to enjoy farm fesh green beans whenever you want!
Oh and I have a little problem, it looks like my tomatoes are going to ripen while we are camping next week - any one want to make me salsa while I'm gone.