Sunday, January 2, 2011

Barothy Lodge

This year for a Christmas gift, my parent took the whole family (12 adults & 11 kids) to Barothy Lodge near Baldwin, MI  for a few days. 

 This was the log home that we stayed in.  It had 9.5 beds and 4 bathrooms. Everyone except two of my boys slept in a bed.
another view of the log home we were in.
the home was right on the Pere Marquette River.

We had lots of fun as a family sledding down a hill right by the home, playing games in the evenings and just hanging out .

My brother and Brendan hanging out on  some huge log beams



me and my boys

dad pushing some of my nieces down the hill



Connor with his "popsicle"
The outside of the log home facing the river
 inside the great room
 the "half bedroom" basically it was a small sitting area upstairs where we did a puzzle




Mom and Dad







Thanks Dad and Mom (grandpa and grandma) for a wonderful time.  We had lots of fun and have many great memories for those couple days.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cabin!
    I'm a new follower! I'm pregnant with TWIN boys (31 weeks) and have an almost 2 1/2 year old boy already! Can you be my best friend ;)
    Krystle

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cabin is huge! we just might have to go there with small group- can't you just picture all the kids trying to swing from that log in the wall LOL.
    looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete