Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Completely Clueless


I am a newbie when it comes to vegetable gardening. This is my second year of veggie gardening and I was excited about growing pumpkins for the boys this year. My only problem was I was clueless that if you want pumpkins at Halloween, you need to plant them on Flag Day.


So I have pumpkins already sitting by my front door. In past year, I would have thought you were nuts if you have a pumpkin by your door just after Labor Day. But not this year, we are getting ready to trick or treat early...now if I could just have colder weather so the pumpkins will last, otherwise I will still have to buy pumpkins at Halloween.

3 comments:

  1. HI Cara- My name is Jennifer Becker. I am interested in one of your bags. I have sent a few emails. I am not sure if you have received them. If you could email and let me know about a bag. I am local here in Byron Center. Thank you. My email is jennifer@qwal.net
    Thank you
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you live and learn, right?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what you need..the boys to get exctied about Halloween early, right! You sure were busy canning! You will love just pulling fresh things out of the freezer!

    ReplyDelete