Friday, September 26, 2008

Long Day

someone didn't like their doctor's visit today
Today has been a very long day. It started at 6:00 am when Connor make into our bedroom. That's way too early...it's not even light out yet. So he laid in bed with me until the alarm went off and I had to get up with Brendan. I put Connor back in bed, but that didn't last long...he was up again about half hour later. At the same time Austin woke up. Now for those who don't already know, I am NOT a morning person. I love my sleep and most mornings after Mike leaves with Brendan to go to the bus stop, I crawl back in bed. So my morning was started with 3 kids wake at 6:45am.

Most of the morning went on without any problems. I had the usually; kids asking for lunch at 9:30 and again at 10:00. I made lunch at 11:00, because we had a doctor's appt for Connor at 2:00 and I want him to have a nap before hand. Of course, Connor wanted nothing to do with a nap, and he no longer stays in bed so he kept getting out of bed...finally I gave up (i know I shouldn't have given in.) By the time we got to the doctor's office, I have three kids who really needed naps. Connor cried through most of the appointment, wanting nothing to do with the doctor.

We finally got back home, I put Connor, Austin and Lucas down for naps which began the 2 hour battle of the wills. Austin & Lucas fell asleep quite quickly. Connor on the other hand did not. Connor is definitely a stubborn child. I am a stubborn person too (so says my husband) I spent two hours putting Connor back into bed again and again. He finally fell alseep at 5:30pm. I WON!!!! I didn't care that supper was going to be in 30 minutes, he was sleeping and he really needed it. It didn't last long, but it at least made dinner bearable.

What I don't understand is, that this afternoon I had to keep putting Connor back into bed again and again, but tonight, I put Connor into bed once and never heard from him again and he's been sleeping since 7:30. I'm so glad the day is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment