Thursday, May 12, 2011

so blessed

I'm a little behind but wanted to share with all how special my boys made me feel on Mother's Day.  It started with a special Mother's day program in Connor's preschool class.  I was invited to the class, where Connor and his classmates shared with us the verses and songs they had learned through out the past school year.  After that, the kids get to gift each of their moms a special "world's best mom" diploma, a flower, and little heart with a message on it.


Connor took this picture and I wasn't ready, but the one where I am looking is super blurry so this will have to do.



 Connor enjoying some ice cream and fresh strawberries, yum!!!!
 Me and my buddy...I can't believe this is the last preschool mother's day celebration I will have...bittersweet to say the least.
 Connor and his friend, Nolan...
being silly.


Now fast forward to this past Sunday, which was Mother's day.  The other three boys were so excited to give me their handmade gifts that they spent lots of time on in school.

From Lucas and Austin I got a book "My Mom wears Many Hats"  well exactly I got two...one from each of them.  So Precious to see what they wrote and drew in the books.  Here are a few of my favorties:










From Brendan, I got beautiful handmade flower vase.  I can tell him spent lots of time on it and took great proud in making it.  I love it and already have flowers in it.  His written card was very precious as well and I actually cried while reading it.




Defintely some of the best gifts I've gotten.


but that's not all that I got...after 9 years of Mother's days I pretty much know my wonderful husband don't think much of getting a gift from the boys for me, so I took care of that myself this year...I bought a gift for myself and it was a surprise for everyone but me (yes I know that's not the way gifts are usually given, but sometime you need to break the rules.)

So are you wondering what I bought myself????  It was a Kindle and I LOVE it.

Mother's Day was a wonderful day for me.  I am so blessed with a husband who loves me beyond all understanding.  I am so blessed to have 4 amazing boys who I love beyond all understanding.  I am so thankful to God for the blessings he has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment