Monday, November 10, 2008

Any Advise for the "Not So Well Traveled" traveler

Time is growing short, a week from Today I will be headed to Detroit for a trip to Guatemala with Grace Ministries. I'm excited and scared at the same time. First, I have never traveled for this long without Mike and second, I will be going out of the country and have to deal with the whole customs thing. I have no idea what to expect.

I have always wanted to go on a Mission trip and that fact that it ended about in Central America is even better yet. My mom keeps telling me that I can't pack one of the little girls in my suitcase on the way back home. LOL I can't wait to see how God will use us to work through these peoples live.

Anyway I have been doing to searching on the great web for thing to do and not do; things to take and not take. Does someone have any advise for me? As I am sitting hear writing this my stomach is already in knots. I may always look very calm and collective, but I'm not.

If no advise, maybe you can just remember me and the group that I am going with in your prayers next week. If I get a chance I will try and post some updates from Guatemala.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting for you to travel to Guatemala!! As you may know that is a second home to our family. Both our boys are adopted from Guatemala. We traveled there on three different trips, not knowing one ounce of spanish. Facebook me and I can give you some tips. Enjoy your trip...it will be life changing.
    Misti Trap2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara, my Parents went on a medical mission trip with their church to Guatemala a few years back, I am sure they would share their experences with you. I'll facebook you with their inof in case you waould like to call them. You and your group will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete