Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gratitude

" Letting others know you see how they've helped you"

On the first Sunday of every month we have SS:FX aka Stepping Stones family experience. Basically, we had family sunday school. We sing songs (with the motions), watch some short videos, watch a skit, and learn about this coming month's viture. You can probably guess by the title of this post, this month's viture in Gratitude.

In this morning's SS:FX, each one of us was challenged to say thank you to five different people this week. And it got me thinking, how enough do I say thank you. I may quickly say it, but do i mean it. When's the last time I really thanked my husband for putting the dishes away or putting the kids to bed. Or my kids for putting their clothes or toys away. And what about Brendan's teacher at school, the people who help out in the stepping stones at church, my pastor, the lady who got us on lunch at McDonald's, or the person who got me my much needed cup of coffee at Starbucks, and the list goes on and on.

So if I may, I want to extend the challenge to anyone who reads this blog; in the next week say thank you to five people this week. Maybe you will need to pick up the phone at call a friend, or note a short note to someone, or simply just say Thanks. Together we can make this a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment