Saturday, November 22, 2008

Guatemala Day 5 - VBS and Sewing (shocker, there)



Today we went back to Casa De Paz for another day of VBS. Erica, the lady who runs this place was so grateful for us coming again today. We had about 65 kids come, Jenny read a Story about the lost Sheep. We were lucky to have a translator today, so it made things a bit easier. We made sheep puppets with the kids. The kids were so polite and thankful for everything. We even did snacks for the kids today, cookies, marshmellows and juice.







After VBS we went back to the mission house for lunch and then I was asked to make curtains for the seminary office. I didn't even get away from the sewing machine here. :O) It took much longer than I thought it would. I only got 3/4 of the way finished and will need to finish up sometime yet before we leave. There are so many things I would like to do yet on the trip...I wish I could do more here. There is so much need and I don't feel like I have even made a dent.
This was tonight's sunset, it was so much pretty in person.
I will leave you with a prayer request. Erica and her family who runs Casa de Paz, are doing this completely on their own with nothing financial support. Every day they have 15 extra children at their house. They takes care of these kids daily needs, trying to school them and she doesn't get help from the parents ever. Basically it's free daycare. Please pray that God will bless their minstry and that their needs will be taken care of. They are doing much a good thing for their neighborhood. There is so much need and not much help.
Until tomorrow.....








2 comments:

  1. This just reminds me of how fortunate we are here. I take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! What an awesome experience and how great of you to give of your time to help them out! I bet your family is ready to have you home though :)

    ReplyDelete