Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Guatelmala Day 2 - work day

today was a great day of work. we spent an hour in the van driving on the bumpiest, and steepest roads I have ever seen. We spent the day build little houses made of tin. What an experience!!!!


some of the locals
the roads were too steep for the van so everyone had to get out and the guys had to push the van up the hill.
the view from the mission housemy first concrete job. making my dad proud.
sorry there's not made info right now, but it's getting late and I need to get up around 5:00 so it's time for bed. There will be more to come.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for your saftey, and that while you are working the love of Christ will be shown through your spirit. God Bless, and be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these CRC concrete men would be proud :-) Keep posting, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi "Kara" SO happy to see this post!
    Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing all about the experience. I saw Brendan at school yesterday... I asked him if he and his Dad were getting along OK, he replied: "We're Good!" God Bless you! If Dan were home and not out of state right now I am sure he would have some comment about your concrete abilities--Way to go! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, Christy-Clara!! Sue Turrentine here. I loved reading your blog. You really took some wonderful pics in Guatemala.
    I read further than the Guatemala comments & in the one where you said "you might always look very calm & collective, but you're not" I was shocked. Just in the short week I was your 'roomie' I always thought you very calm & collected!! You do a very good job of hiding your discomforts or worries.
    I know God blessed your work in Guatemala and he blessed me because of you!!
    Take care, it was so very nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete