Wednesday, September 16, 2009

10 years ago....

It was ten years ago today that Mike proposed to me.


At dinner tonight, Mike asked if I remember that 10 years ago tonight we went out for dinner and of course I did.  But when I asked him where we went he didn't remember (and neither do I).  I guess that wasn't the important of the evening.  What I do remember is that we went for walk downtown Zeeland, and as we were getting out of the car, Mike put on his spring jacket. That was very strange because Mike is a hot body, doesn't wear many clothes, he could spent the whole winter in short sleeves if I let him.  When I questioned him about it, he shrugged it off, and off we went on our walk.  After a few minutes, we came to the water fountain by 2nd Reformed Church in Zeeland. We sat for a while, talking and watching the colors change of the fountain.  After a few moments of silence, Mike got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.  He didn't have any profound speak made up, instead he told me how much he loved me and that he wanted to spend the rest of our lives together.  Of course I said YES!!!!


I love this man more each and every day.  I love how he makes me feel.  I love his smile.  I love how much he loves our boys.  I love it when he sense that I need some alone time and he makes it happen.   I love him for who he is.  


(I will try and get some of our engagement pics up today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment