Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just for Kicks

Soccer is a sign of fall to me.  I love being a soccer mom...to sit at a soccer game and cheer on my boys is something I really enjoy doing. So I was really excited when this past Saturday arrived. The boys were also super duper excited...at least two of them.  >

The only thing that I was bummed about was that both of the games were at the same time.  How do you choose which game to go to?    Well the twins wanted daddy at their game, so Mike started out at their game and Connor & I went to Brendan's game.  

Lucas getting ready to kick the ball to start the game.  

Lucas absolutely loved the game and put his whole heart and soul into playing.







Running off the field for a break


waiting for his turn to play again.

and then there's Austin.  What can I say beside the fact that I didn't expect this from Austin at all.
It started off at practice a few nights before.  Mike took them to their practice and Austin was pouting and crying  because someone kicked the ball away from him (it's that what soccer's all about?)

So I was interested to see how the first half of the game went when I went to switch games with Mike.  He was crying.  This time it was because he wasn't scoring goals...other kids were taking the ball from him. Again if I remember correctly that what soccer is all about.


On and off throughout the game, Austin would want to play until something didn't go his way.  Like here where all the kids went running by him, but there he just stands with his hands on his hips.
I believe he's actually going after the ball here.
again pouting....I think this time it's because he had to go pee.  So I sent him into the weeds to relieve himself and then he wanted to go back out without waiting his turn. 

Another time he just walking off the field right in the middle of a play because he wanted his long sleeve shirt off.  
I guess I need to teach him more about the game.
All in all it was a good game, and I think for the most part, they both had fun.  Austin did score a goal and was so excited to share that with daddy when he came to pick us up.  I think that actually went off the ball more that Brendan did at this age.  I'm interested to see how much they improve over the next six weeks.


I will try and get more pictures of Brendan playing next week and post them then.  I only got one picture of him the past Saturday....and that's not normal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment