Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sanctity Of Life


This past sunday, we celebrated the sanctity of life at our church. Different persons, age 35 and younger, from our church brought white roses to the front of church to remember the 45 million plus babies who have lost their lives due to an abortion. There was a total of 35 roses one for each year since Roe. v. Wade decision.

Honestly I didn't think much about it again until I received an email from Focus on the Family today. And in the email there was a Roe IQ Quiz which had 12 questions quizzing you on the Roe v. Wade decision.

I admitt I didn't get all the answers right(8 out of 12), and I was surprised about how little I actually knew about what Roe v. Wade really does and doesn't do.

That being said, if you have an extra moment this week, take a moment and pray for all the unwanted babies that have already been aborted and for those who are thinking an abortion is their only choice. With God's power we can save the lives of these little ones.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matt 19:14

2 comments:

  1. I did far worse on the quiz and found it shocking that I assumed facts that weren't true at all. Thanks for posting about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did bad on the test too...I came in at the 30 th percentile....

    Two things really shocked me

    1) Girls need NO parental consent, ever, at any age to have an abortion...(But they need our consent to get their ears pierced)

    2) Fewer than 1% of abortions are from rape or incest...

    ReplyDelete